The Midlands has significant sector strengths in energy – from energy generation through to a range of technologies, storage, transmission and innovative use of energy in industry, homes and transport.
However, these strengths need to be understood collectively in order to showcase the depth and breadth of energy expertise in our region.
Midlands Engine, in partnership with Browne Jacobson LLP and the Energy Research Accelerator, is initiating a conversation across the region to drive forward a partnership approach to evidencing, addressing and resourcing solutions to the diverse energy challenges of the Midlands which present a barrier to economic growth.
We are interested in:
- regional energy review and mapping
- where current research programmes are up to
- identifying what are the key challenges being faced across the sector
- how can we work together to meet the net zero challenge
- what investment is needed and by whom
- where opportunities exist to grow and increase efficiencies in our energy sector
- what opportunities are there to scale up existing solutions to a regional level
- the skills needed for the development of the sector in the future
Over the coming months we will be hosting a series of events to develop our thinking in this area with leaders and experts from across our region, to collectively demonstrate the sector’s strength and breadth, and to understand the challenges to its further development.
Businesses, leaders and academics within the energy sector – please provide your insights
The Midlands Engine would like to request your help. Please complete this short survey about energy capacity, challenges and opportunities in the Midlands, making sure to give your contact details so that we can keep you involved in the project this winter.