To ensure that businesses have up to date access to COVID-19 business support, the Government has collated and consolidated all of the available information and support measures in one place.
Additional clarifications to the scheme include:
- Confirmation of what should form the basis for furlough pay for employees furloughed on return from (maternity/paternity/shared parental/adoption/sick/parental bereavement) leave
- Confirming employees subject to TUPE transfer/ business reorganisation/ payroll consolidation can be furloughed
- Confirming position for contractors in scope of IR35 in the public sector
- More information on what information employers need to claim the grant
- Clarifying circumstances where an employee shouldn’t be furloughed by multiple employers
The Government has also produced guidance on:
- Safe workplaces
- How to carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment
- Cleaning your workplace safely
- Travelling safely to work
- Sector-specific guidance for employers on social distancing which you can find here
For a full list of FAQs summarising what you can and can’t do based on the new guidance please click here.
Business support from Midlands Engine Local Enterprise Partnerships
Midlands Engine LEPs have been quick to respond to the business need for guidance and support, and have put together dedicated resources for organisations in their areas:
Midlands Engine partnership – Responding to Covid-19
The Covid-19 pandemic is negatively affecting every part of the UK but research shows that the Midlands is likely to be the most adversely affected region. Extraordinary work is already being undertaken by Midlands Engine partners in response. As a partnership, we work towards collective action in all we do and right now, this includes addressing immediate challenges and enabling informed decisions to be made together, as we plan for the future of the Midlands economy.