We are delighted to showcase just some of the highlights and achievements of our partnership in 2020 within our end of year review – with a film, featuring many leading voices from across our region.
Despite 2020 being a year of extraordinary challenges, thanks to the drive, passion and commitment of Midlands Engine partners we have achieved much to be proud of.
Together we have driven forward key programmes such as digital and green growth which will directly help tackle key economic challenges – and accelerate growth of new opportunities.
Our 2020 review highlights our continuing work to accelerate political engagement through the new All-Party Parliamentary Group for Midlands Engine, the phenomenal partnership impact achieved through the Midlands UK Forum for Growth, where together we showcased over £17 billion of investment opportunities across every part of our region – and our work with pace to demonstrate the vast potential of the East Midlands Development Corporation … the scale of the economic opportunities here in the Midlands Engine is simply exceptional.
Introducing the Midlands Engine 2020 Review, Chairman of Midlands Engine Sir John Peace said:
2020 will be a year all of us will remember. It’s been a year of great challenges but at the same time it’s been a year in which we can all feel a sense of pride in our communities, in our people, in our region and pride in the Midlands Engine for how we’ve all come together to collaborate to make a difference.
We would like to thank all our partners for immense, continued support throughout 2020, and to the following who generously gave their time and insights as we compiled our 2020 Review:
- Sir John Peace – Chairman, Midlands Engine
- Professor Delma Dwight – Director of Economic Intelligence, Black Country Consortium and Midlands Engine Economic Observatory
- Professor Iain Gillespie – Pro-Vice-Chancellor Research & Enterprise, University of Leicester and Midlands Engine Operating Board member
- John Forkin – Managing Director, Marketing Derby and Midlands Engine China Group Chairman
- Mark Stansfeld – Chair, Worcestershire LEP and Midlands Engine Executive Board member
- Peter Ware – Head of Government Sector, Browne Jacobson LLP
- Charlotte Horobin – Membership Director: Midlands and East, MakeUK and Midlands Engine Operating Board member
- Grant Peggie – Director, Venture Capital Solutions, British Business Bank and Midlands Engine Operating Board member
- Andy Beer – Director of the Midlands, National Trust
- Chitro Ghose – Programme Manager, Mental Health and Productivity Pilot
- Professor Dean Fathers – DL Portfolio Health Board holder
- Lord Daniel Ravensdale – Co-Chair, Midlands Engine All-Party Parliamentary Group
- Anthony May – Chief Executive, Nottinghamshire County Council and Midlands Engine Operating Board Chair
- Paul Faulkner – Chief Executive, Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce and Midlands Connect Steering Group member